SAGC Summary Range and Safety Rules
Approval Date June 27, 2017
SAN ANGELO GUN CLUB
SUMMARY RANGE AND SAFETY RULES
While the Range Orientation contains more and greater detail on SAGC range and safety rules, a shorter summary is sometimes useful.
Always treat firearms as if they are loaded.
Always point the muzzle in a safe direction.
Be sure of your target and of what is beyond it.
Keep finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
- SAGC operates as a cold range at all times. Open Carry not allowed. The cold range limitation does not apply to firearms carried under legal authority such as active law enforcement or Texas License to Carry (when concealed).
- NEVER shoot or handle any firearm when anyone is anywhere in your bay or range and forward of your firing line.
- The command "CEASE FIRE" or “STOP” will be obeyed immediately, no matter who says it. Clear and ground all weapons at this command.
- DO NOT go forward of the firing line until the line is cleared.
- Firearms will not be handled for any reason (this includes taking out of case or putting into case) while people are forward of the firing line.
- No use of intoxicating beverages or illegal drugs will be allowed on the range. NO ALCOHOL!
- NO person under 18 years of age will be permitted on the range unless accompanied by an adult member or qualified SAGC instructor.
- Members will not willfully damage SAGC property in any way or litter the range with cans, boxes, bottles, used targets, etc. CLEAN UP after yourself.
- Members will only shoot at targets so that their bullet(s) will impact the berms or a bullet trap.
- Do not use anything as a target that can produce sharp shards or cause harmful results. No explosive targets (Tannerite). No targets on the ground.
- Pistol caliber firearms ONLY on the east and west-facing bays. All rifle calibers must be fired on a SOUTH-facing bay or range.
- NO armor piercing or tracer rounds will be fired on the range.
- ONLY use shotguns with 7 1/2 or smaller shot on the Shotgun range. NO other firearms on the Shotgun Range.
- Firearms used on the Precision ranges will be shot from a rest or from a supported position at proper targets at the preset berms. Handguns specifically designed for hunting or long distance competition shooting may be used on "Precision Range C" when fired from a rest or a supported position.
- The use of illegal select fire firearms on SAGC property is specifically disallowed. Membership of offenders or their host will be revoked.
- Members will have their membership cards displayed on their person at the range.
- Members will not loan/give their gate access device to operate the gate except to a spouse or dependent (age 18 to 21) that live in same household and have signed a Membership Agreement/attended an Orientation and issued a Membership ID.
Failure to adhere to these rules may result in suspension or expulsion from the SAGC.